Well, in the mean time while I’m so indecisive about where I want to direct my focus on this blog, here’s a lil run-down of what has gone on since Boston. When I left I was:
- just finished with finals
- getting ready to fly home to Minneapolis for the summer
- sad because I had to defer my 2009 Boston Marathon
- hurting with the hip/car accident. still going to PT. still dealing with the insurance fiasco
- just ready to be HOME
School got out April 24th, and wow – so much has happened since then! I’ll try to be brief:
- moved back to Minneapolis.
- looked into transferring back to the U of MN, realized deadline was June 1st, applied.
- got in (well they better take me.. half of my credits are from there anyways!)
- now a kinesiology major / pre-med track still. MUCH better fit!
- so really.. MOVED back to Minneapolis (!!)
- healed (mostly) with the hip
- took a summer class
- moved into my own place
- adopted a dog
- still working at the restaurant
- picked up a 2nd job
- had to have my dog adopted from me just 2 months later
- training for Twin Cities 2009
- joined a great group of women for training. finally got my ass back in the pool!
- joined the U of MN’s tri team. still going back to TURC – the University Running Club
- did my first “real” triathlon!
- getting ready to register and head back to school.I can’t believe summer is almost over!
- *eta* sister got MARRIED!
Work is at the restaurant is great as always, but I can tell I’m definitely ready to wind down. I took a lit class this summer to knock out one of the required courses, and I could tell I missed having a school schedule. That isn’t a promise that you’ll never hear me stressed with school, but I like having that academic side too.
Right now the biggest things on my plate are figuring out registration. As a transfer student (which still is hard for me to grasp since half of college education is at the U of MN), I register LAST, definitely leaving me with the short stick in terms of class schedules. I am guessing I’ll have 8ams AND evening classes – we’ll see. I’m just worried I’m not going to get the stuff I need that is actually part of requirements – both for staying on track for med school, and completing a kinesiology degree. There really hasn’t ever been a time when registration didn’t stress me out.. but at least for the spring semester I’ll be back with the rest of the juniors.
ANYWAYS, time to wrap up! I got in an 8 miler this morning, and I worked the lunch shift at the restaurant. Now I’m headed off to go find me some CYCLING SHOES! I’m looking at the Pearl Izumi Tri Fly shoes.. but we’ll see. Hopefully I can find something on sale! And my bike is coming to me tomorrow!!
Thanks for hangin with me while I get this back in action!
p.s. Saw Harry Potter last night – torn between loving it and frustrated because they had to cut so much from the book!